Dental Veneers in Burleson, TX
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are attached to the front surface of the teeth to improve the appearance of your smile. They can be made from resin-composite materials or porcelain and are permanently bonded to the teeth.
Veneers are used to correct a variety of different cosmetic concerns, including discolored, gapped, chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth.
Most people only require six to eight dental veneers to create a symmetrical smile, and others may only need one dental veneer in case of a broken or chipped tooth. The top front eight teeth are the most common surfaces to apply veneers.
To find out more about our high-quality dental veneers in Burleson, TX, please schedule an appointment with us and speak to our cosmetic dentist about any questions you may have. We will happily assist you!
What Are The Different Types Of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are commonly made out of composite resin or porcelain. Veneers generally require some degree of prep work before they are applied to the teeth. There are also “no-prep” veneers, which are applied through a simpler process. For no-prep veneers, some tooth preparation and alterations may be required, but these are minimal.
These are the different types of dental veneers:
- Porcelain veneers – These veneers require shaving down the tooth enamel and then making an impression to create a mold. The mold is sent to the lab for the porcelain veneers to be made. In the meantime, temporary veneers may be placed until the permanent veneers are ready from the lab. Once ready, your dentist will permanently cement the veneers to the prepared teeth.
- Composite resin veneers – Your Burleson dentist will etch the surface of your tooth before applying a thin layer of composite material to your prepped tooth. Additional layers of the composite may be required depending on your intended look. Your dentist will finish the process by hardening or curing the composite veneer with a special light.
- No-prep veneers – These include Vivaneers and Lumineers, which are specific brands of porcelain veneers. They take less time to apply and are less invasive. No-prep veneers only affect the enamel, and in many cases, they don’t require temporary veneers or local anesthetics.
Do Teeth Have to Be Filed Down For Veneers?
The application of dental veneers involves gently filing down a small amount of the natural tooth structure to make room for the new veneer. In most cases, only about 0.5 mm of the front of the tooth will need to be removed for porcelain veneers and a bit less for composite veneers.
Healthy teeth are essential for a successful veneer procedure. If a tooth has decay or another negative impact on enamel, placing the veneer may not be possible. For certain patients, the 0.5 mm of enamel that would need to be removed would compromise the tooth structure. A local anesthetic is often used to alleviate any discomfort during the tooth preparation.
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years or more as long as they are placed by an experienced cosmetic dentist and cared for properly. Composite veneers generally last around 7 to 10 years.
What Is the Dental Veneers Procedure?
Here is the procedure when getting dental veneers in Burleson, TX:
- On the day of your dental veneer procedure, your dentist will remove a small bit of enamel from each tooth to create space for the veneer. This also ensures that the application of the veneers does not affect your bite.
- A putty impression is taken of the prepped teeth, which later hardens into a mold and is sent to a lab for the creation of the veneers. Sometimes veneer impressions are created in-house with special 3D mapping technology.
- Temporary veneers are prepared and applied while you wait for the lab to create the permanent solution.
- When the permanent veneers arrive, your dentist will apply a gel that dissolves minerals on the surface of each tooth so that there is a rough surface for the veneer to bond solidly.
- It’s a quick process for your dentist to cement the veneers in place. Once your dentist applies the veneers in the cementation process, a special light will be used to speed up the hardening process.
- When the porcelain veneers are set, they are bonded to your teeth within minutes.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Veneers?
Drastically improving the appearance of your teeth with dental veneers is the most prominent benefit. With your new veneers, you’ll achieve the bright, straight, aesthetic smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Veneers are also beneficial because they can last more than a decade, depending on the type of veneer you choose. Dental veneers are an investment that gives you more confidence and another reason to smile!
Am I A Candidate For Dental Veneers?
The ideal candidate for dental veneers is someone who has minor cosmetic imperfections such as small gaps, minimal misalignment, and misshapen or severely stained teeth.
Individuals who want dental veneers need to have good oral health, moderately straight teeth, solid tooth enamel, and good oral hygiene. It is important to note that your veneers may not last as long if you are prone to teeth clenching and grinding. Speak to your dentist about getting a protective mouthguard if this is the case.
How Do I Take Care Of My Dental Veneers?
There is very minimal downtime associated with dental veneers, and once they are cemented on, you can chew and eat as you usually would.
These precautions will help you get the most out of your new veneers:
- Don’t use your teeth to open packaging
- Don’t chew on hard objects like ice
- Don’t chew with your front teeth, and only eat harder foods with your back teeth
- Wear a mouthguard should you play sports
- If you clench or grind your teeth, get a mouthguard to protect your veneers
What Is The Cost Of Dental Veneers in Burleson, TX?
Veneers can cost between $600 and $2,500 per tooth, depending on the material you choose. Generally, insurance will not cover the cost of veneers.
Give our office a call at (817) 934-6417 to schedule a consultation and discuss which veneers are best for you as well as what the cost will be for your unique situation.
Start Your Smile Journey Today With Dental Veneers in Burleson, TX
If you would like to learn more about our high-quality, affordable dental veneers, give us a call or schedule a consultation today! Our friendly staff will happily assist you.
We look forward to meeting you and starting your smile journey together!