Dental Implants for Sporting Accidents in Burleson, TX
Dental implants are essential for your overall health if you have missing teeth. Any trauma to the mouth or face can result in damage that can have psychological and functional effects, making dental implants an excellent choice for patients with missing teeth.
With dental implants, you won’t need to worry about them falling out the next time you play sports. They match the color of your surrounding teeth and look as natural as natural teeth. Dental implants are permanent teeth replacements for your lost teeth and are a great way to get your self-esteem back and back on the field, smiling.
Here are a few reasons dental implants for sporting accidents act as well as natural teeth:
- Like a rooted tooth, the implant is fixed to your jaw.
- The implant is self-supporting and does not damage or rely on your other teeth.
- The implant is long-lasting if maintained correctly with proper oral care.
- The implant is easily maintained with routine oral hygiene, such as regular dental checkups, tooth brushing, and flossing.
To learn more about our high-quality dental implants in Burelson, TX, please schedule an appointment with us and speak to your cosmetic dentist about any questions you may have. We will happily assist you!
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you have good overall oral healthcare, you are a good candidate for dental implants. Your dentist will need to complete an oral examination and x-rays of your jaws before determining the next steps for your implant procedure.
If you have the following issues, then you are a candidate for dental implants:
- Fractured tooth roots
- Cracked teeth
- Knocked out teeth
- Tooth intrusions
Please schedule a consultation with our dental office in Burleson, TX, so that we can begin restoring your bite and smile.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants can significantly improve your quality of life, especially after you’ve experienced a sporting accident.
Here are some benefits of dental implants:
- Dental implants behave like natural teeth.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime if cared for correctly.
- Dental implants keep adjacent teeth stable.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss.
- Dental implants help keep your gums disease-free.
- Dental implants can prevent premature aging and facial sagging.
- Dental implants can improve your self-esteem.
What Is the Process for Dental Implants?
It may take some time to receive your dental implant, but it will positively impact your life in the long term.
Here’s what to expect from your dental implant procedure:
- X-rays of your jaws, head, and teeth will be taken to ensure your candidacy for the tooth replacement.
- If you are a suitable candidate, an implant will be placed in your jawbone, under your gum tissue.
- After a few months, your jawbone will have bonded to the implant in a process known as osseointegration.
- Once completely healed, an abutment will be attached to the dental implant, connecting your replacement tooth to the implant.
- Finally, your artificial tooth is attached to the abutment piece.
- The healing process can take anywhere between three and six months, depending on your individual healing.
Is Dental Implant Surgery Painful?
Most patients have reported that dental implant surgery is easy to tolerate. You can choose to use a local anesthetic or sedation during your procedure, and any discomfort afterward can be treated with over-the-counter medication.
What Is the Cost of Dental Implants in Burleson, TX?
Dental implants can cost between $1,000 to $3,000 for the implant and tooth-root procedure. The cost for the abutment is between $300 to $500. For the crown, it’s about $1,000 to $2,000.
Give our dental office a call to schedule a consultation and discuss the cost of your unique smile.
Start Your Smile Journey Today With Dental Implants for Sporting Accidents in Burleson, TX
If you want to learn more about dental implants for sporting accidents, give us a call or schedule a consultation today! Our friendly staff will happily assist you.
We look forward to meeting you and starting your smile journey together!