Dental Implants for Veterans in Burleson, TX
Dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement option and function like natural teeth.
They are made of commercial-grade titanium, which has proven to be superior. Dental implants promote bone cell growth directly onto the surface of the implants and create the perfect tooth root replacement to support new dentures or crowns in patients.
How do dental implants act as natural teeth? A few ways include:
- The implant can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
- Like a rooted tooth, the implant is fixed to your jaw.
- The implant is self-supporting and does not damage or rely on your other teeth.
- The implant is easily maintained with routine oral hygiene, such as regular dental checkups, tooth brushing, and flossing.
To learn more about our high-quality dental implants in Burleson, TX, please schedule an appointment with us and speak to your cosmetic dentist about any questions you may have. We will happily assist you!
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you have good oral and overall health, you likely qualify for dental implants. You may not qualify if you are a smoker or suffer from diabetes. If you lack bone density, you may require a bone grafting procedure before you can receive dental implants.
If you are a reasonably healthy veteran, you should be able to have implants placed, resulting in an improved quality of life. Dental implants can help veterans gain confidence and be more social because of their improved self-esteem.
To find out if you qualify, schedule a consultation with our Burleson practice today.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants for Veterans?
Dental implants for veterans are an excellent procedure to improve your quality of life.
Here are a few benefits of dental implants:
- Improved speech
- Improved appearance
- Easier eating
- Improved comfort
- Improved oral health
- Improved self-esteem
What Is the Process for Dental Implants?
The dental implant procedure consists of a few steps:
- The first step of your dental implant process is a consultation where your dentist will perform a comprehensive exam, review your medical history, and discuss your goals and concerns. Then your dentist will outline a treatment plan customized for your unique smile.
- Your next appointment is your implant surgery, where the titanium implant is placed into the missing tooth’s bone socket. As the jawbone heals, it fuses around the implant and permanently secures it to the jaw. This healing process can take about 12 weeks.
- Once the implant is successfully bonded to the jawbone, a small abutment is attached to the post to securely hold the new replacement tooth in place.
- To make the artificial teeth, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and create a mold of your bite.
- The new teeth are crafted based on this model, and the new crown is attached to the abutment.
- Your dentist will ensure that the color of your new teeth matches your natural teeth. All in all, your new tooth replacement will function as well as your healthy natural ones.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
Most patients feel minimal discomfort during a dental implant procedure. Because a local anesthetic and moderate sedation can be used during the surgery, most patients report that they experience less pain than they expected.
After your implant is placed, any soreness can be treated with over-the-counter pain medications.
How Do I Care for Dental Implants?
Dental implants require the same care as your natural teeth, so continue your daily oral health routine, including brushing, flossing, and attending regular dental check-ups.
What Is the Cost of Dental Implants for Veterans?
As a veteran, you may qualify for certain medical grants (*these grants are unaffiliated with our dental practice). It is essential to look into this before scheduling your consultation with us. Find more information here.
Please call our dental office to schedule a consultation and discuss the cost of dental implants for your unique smile.
Call To Learn About Our Dental Implants for Veterans in Burleson, TX
If you want to learn more about dental implants for veterans, give us a call or schedule a consultation today! Our friendly staff will happily assist you.
We look forward to meeting you and starting your smile journey together!